Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – Laurie Middle School has received funding from the province’s civil forfeiture program toward its Violence Free BC program. “Education is the first step…
SPARWOOD – Renovations are underway at Lilac Terrace, which will provide an additional 12 units of affordable housing for seniors with low-to-moderate incomes in Sparwood….
CRANBROOK – Parents of young children in Cranbrook now have access to a range of early learning, health and family services in one convenient location….
Crosswalk adjustments along the Highway 3 corridor in Fernie have been made to improve safety and mobility for pedestrians and drivers. Crosswalks along Highway 3…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014