Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – A new, three-year base funding model for community visitor services centres in Sparwood, Elford, Fernie and Cranbrook will ensure more stable and predictable…
ELKFORD – A $2.9-million project to rehabilitate nine kilometres of Fording Mine Road near Elkford has been completed. The project involved removing and replacing damaged…
CRANBROOK – The provincial government is granting $59,200 to the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy to provide residents of the East Kootenay and Columbia Valley…
CRANBROOK – The world is changing and parents want to make sure their children are ready to succeed. Education and training after graduation can help…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014