Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – Day-use facilities at Moyie Lake Provincial Park are receiving upgrades worth $440,000, Kootenay East MLA Bill Bennett announced today. The park, 22 km…
CRANBROOK – The provincial government is providing a combined $229,300 to two East Kootenay organizations to help control the spread of invasive plants, Kootenay East…
CRANBROOK – Four East Kootenay organizations have received a combined $36,708 in grants from the B.C. Arts Council, Kootenay East MLA Bill Bennett announced today….
CRANBROOK— Job seekers in the Kootenay region are among the more than 5,500 British Columbians receiving the training they need for employment in their communities,…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014