Latest MLA News
ELKFORD – Work is underway on a $2.9-million project to rehabilitate about nine kilometres of Fording Mine Road near Elkford. The Ministry of Transportation and…
CRANBROOK – Six arts and culture and sports groups in the East Kootenay are receiving $82,325 from the province’s Community Gaming Grants program. Cranbrook Community…
CRANBROOK – One organization in Cranbrook and another in Fernie are receiving funding from the Ministry of Children and Family Development to help support Aboriginal…
FERNIE – The provincial government is providing a $71,000 Bike BC grant to assist with construction of a cycling bridge in Fernie. The Fairy Creek…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014