Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – Four social service organizations in Cranbrook have received a combined $77,000 in community gaming grants from the B.C. government. Cranbrook Boys and Girls…
FERNIE – Three non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting the public are receiving a combined $176,180 from the province’s Community Gaming Grant program. Sparwood Search and…
CRANBROOK – The East Kootenay Organization for Human Dignity and Equality (EKOHDE) has received $20,000 from the B.C. government to help eliminate racism in Cranbrook…
CRANBROOK – The West Kootenay Brain Injury Association has received an $85,000 grant to help it more effectively carry out services for its clients. The…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014