Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – Parents of young children in Cranbrook now have access to a range of early learning, health and family services in one convenient location….
Crosswalk adjustments along the Highway 3 corridor in Fernie have been made to improve safety and mobility for pedestrians and drivers. Crosswalks along Highway 3…
Through its annual fleet renewal program, the provincial government is providing Southeast Kootenay School District 5 $146,293 for the purchase of a new school bus….
Minister Bill Bennett announcing a program expansion to help customers lower energy costs. Learn more at: newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2014/07/government-expands-programs-to-help-customers-lower-energy-costs.html
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014