Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – The Rotary Club of Cranbrook recently received $25,000 in funding as part of the province’s Community Gaming Grants program. “Rotary’s motto is ‘service…
CRANBROOK – Extra enforcement will be taking place at Lake Koocanusa throughout the Victoria Day long weekend in an effort to keep the popular recreation…
CRANBROOK – Two organizations in Cranbrook have received $21,000 in community gaming grants from the B.C. government. Wycliffe Exhibition Association: $15,000 for the Cranbrook Pro…
CRANBROOK – The Friends of Children Society has received $20,000 from the B.C. government to provide ongoing assistance to East Kootenay families with a child…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014