Latest MLA News
CRANBROOK – Students with disabilities who face barriers to education and training in B.C. will continue to benefit from funding for accessible training and resources…
CRANBROOK – Eight search and rescue organizations in the East Kootenay region have received a combined total of more than $517,000 from the B.C. government’s…
CRANBROOK – The provincial government is redirecting $277,377 in administrative savings back to School District 5 to help it deal with local cost pressures and…
CRANBROOK – Day-use facilities at Moyie Lake Provincial Park are receiving upgrades worth $440,000, Kootenay East MLA Bill Bennett announced today. The park, 22 km…
Healthcare Sustainability - We Want to Hear Your Views!
The public is invited to write submissions to the Select Standing Committee on Health on how to ensure quality and sustainability on BC Healthcare delivery.
The committee is inviting submissions on one or more of the following questions:
- How can we improve health and health care services in rural British Columbia?
- In particular, what long-term solutions can address the challenges of recruitment and retention of health care professionals in rural British Columbia?
- How can we create a cost-effective system of primary and community care built around interdisciplinary teams?
- What best practices can be implemented to improve end-of-life care?
- How can we enhance the effectiveness of addiction recovery programs?
Deadline: December 31, 2014